Goggle Valves are used to positively isolate downstream media flow. They are typically used in 20″ (DN 500) to 72″ (DN1800) diametre lines. They provide 100% ” Man Safe” shut-off.
The SchuF Cam-Goggle Valve is a tried and tested unique line blinding valve design. It incorporates the functionality of Fetterolf proprietary Cam-Set technology and the reliability of almost 100 years of SchuF custom valve design. Together they produce a line blinding system that ensures 100% absolute positive downstream shut off. The valve is designed to be “Man Safe”.
Goggle Valve Industries & Applications
Goggle valves are frequently found in the Petrochemical, Steel, Pulp and Paper, Maritime and Oil & Refinery industries.
Positive pipeline close/off is vital in many piping systems to assure safety of personnel working on downstream equipment, particularly when flammable, toxic liquids or gases could seep past a closure. A Goggle valve is mandatory to comply with certain plant safety regulations when visible proof of shut/off is necessary.
The valve will render an absolute tight shut-off in blast furnace, basic oxygen, open hearth or other gas mains applications. It is designed for vertical operation in a horizontal main – or with roller support and other adaptations for horizontal operation in a vertical main.
SchuF Goggle Valves – Key Characteristics
- Absolute positive Shut-Off – “Man Safe”
- No spreading of pipe required
- Seal unaffected by piping misalignment
- Simple, one man, spectacle changing from one side of the line
- 316 SST as standard, other materials upon request
- Manual, electric, hydraulic and pneumatic actuation available
- Optional drain/purge connections
- Special anti-corrosive coatings such as epoxy, PTFE and Sermetel ceramic are available if required
- Available in sizes from 20″ (DN500) to 72″ (DN2500) and ASME 150 pressure class (PN16).
52 inch (DN 1300) Goggle valve for a refinery flare application, Photos: SchuF