Blow-Down Valves are used to remove impurities from boiler water. The water is blown out of the boiler with force by the steam pressure within the boiler. It needs to be blown out at speed, so that solid impurities in boiler feed water are carried out with it. These concentrated solids would cause many problems such as reduction of heat transfer, the corrosion of boilers and piping, increased fuel consumption and the need for additional chemical treatment. Thus the removal of impurities is important for maintaining boiler integrity and efficiency.
• Removal of dirt, scale and sediment from boilers or associated pipelines.
• Minimize accumulation of residue in boilers/pipelines
• Allows minimum quantity of water to discharge from the pipeline/boiler
• Sizes from 1” to 6” (up to 24” on request for emergency depressurization)
• Pressure classes from ASME 150 to ASME 1500, higher on request
• All valves supplied with PED, IBR and NACE certificates as well as being tested according to API 598
• Material certification of wetted parts provided according to EN 10204/3.1.
• Positive material identification of trims, radiography testing by customer request