Continuous Blow-Down (CBD) Valve
This type of valve is installed close to the water surface in the boiler. Continuous Blow-Down Valves remove dissolved solids at a continuous rate from the top layer of the boiler water, insuring that the minimum required quantity is discharged from the boiler during the process. Blow-down Valves are available as Angle (Type 71), Y-Globe (Type 50SR) and Straight (55BS) Type.
• Valve size from 1” to 6” (up to 24” on request for emergency depressurization)
• Pressure rating up to ASME1500
• Replaceable seat
• Multi-stage trim optional
• Non rotating stem
• Resistant to erosion
• Stroke indicator showing the position of the disc/ram
• Backseat arrangement available in disc type arrangement
• Minimizes effects of fluid containing abrasive particles
• Water can be removed from the precise location where the highest dissolved solids in the water are expected.
• Maximum amount of dissolved solids is removed with minimal loss of water and heat from the boiler.
• Large amounts of heat content are recovered using Blow-Down flash tanks and heat exchangers.
• Rugged compact design
• Improved effectiveness
• Longer lifespan
• Insensitive to water hammer effects